DC uberPOOL: Pay $30 and Receive 20 $1 Trips For the Month of August
Uber Brings uberPool Pass to DC
Pay $30 and Receive 20 $1 Trips For the Month of August
In response to the concerns from residents within the Washington D.C. area in regards to the growing problems with the Metro, Uber has made the uberPool Pass available to residents within impact areas.
The uberPool Pass is a $30 pass, that allows riders in designated areas throughout D.C. to ride uber 20 times in the month of August and only pay $1 for each ride.
The designated areas, according to Uber, stretch from Clarendon, to Cleveland Park, to Capitol Hill. The $1 price of the trips will not be impacted by surge times due to high demand.
The passes are available for purchase through the Uber App until noon on Sunday, July 31. According to Uber, simply open the app and select the POOL Pass option at the bottom right to be charged a one time fee of $30 for the 20 ride pass.
For additional information on the uberPool Pass, check out this short section from the original Uber news release.
Purchasing the POOL Pass does not guarantee the availability of any trip. Rides are a flat $1 fare on uberPOOL, unaffected by surge. To qualify, trips must meet the following requirements:
- Occur between August 1-31, 2016
- Trips must begin and end within the designated zone (see map)
- Applicable on up to 20 uberPOOL trips
- You may request for 1 or 2 passengers, just like a normal POOL ride
Trips eligible within designated zone. See map for detailed information.
Terms and Conditions
20 Ride Pass
- Each Zone Pass is available for a one-time, upfront, non-refundable fee of $30, which will be charged to the credit card on file with your Uber account. Purchasing the Pass does not guarantee the availability of any trips.
- There are 2500 Zone Passes available. Limit one (1) per person.
- Zone Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable, and may not be redeemed except as provided herein.
- Zone Passes must be purchased by July 31, 2016.
- Each Zone Pass entitles the purchaser thereof to a guaranteed $1 fare on up to 20 “Qualifying Rides”.
- To be a Qualifying Ride:
- The ride must be requested through the uberPOOL vehicle view only.
- The ride must originate and end in the designated zone (outlined in the map above).
- The ride must be requested between August 1-31, 2016
- The fare must not exceed $25. The total cost of any ride exceeding $25 will be charged directly to the purchaser of the Zone Pass.
- Uber reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate the use of any Zone Pass that is used fraudulently.